Re: [CQ-Contest] TS-850SAT -- interesting rig for contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Bob AD5VJ <ad5vj@ad5vj.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TS-850SAT -- interesting rig for contesting
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:33:21 -0400
Congratts Bob.  Now all you need to do is fully populate it with INRAD filters,
and INRAD has a roofing filter mod, as well.  It is a good rig.

73, Gerry,  K8GT

---- Bob AD5VJ <ad5vj@ad5vj.com> wrote:

=============
Hi all

I must say I had my doubts about my new to me TS-850SAT when I first got it
in the shack. I said: "Too small, no filters, no dual watch, no scope, no
roofing filter, etc", I said to myself: "I don't know how they ever called
this a "contest radio".

Well, I just finished CQWW WPX Contest single operator all bands.
(I had to know abt the rig)
Total: 1059 Prefixes = 514 Total Score = 1,318,410

My first EVER - over 1 million points out of all the rigs I have owned-
using this rig and it performed flawlessly and was effortless and was
untiring to use.

I would recommend this radio to anyone for any Ham Contesting Adventure.

I thought about selling this one BUT NOW:
I am going to get two and gang them together.

Bob AD5VJ