[CQ-Contest] RTTY Contests - MixW

To: <w0yk@msn.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Contests - MixW
From: "Yuri VE3DZ" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 11:42:58 -0400
> A large portion of the logs received for the two CQ RTTY contests are
> created from MixW.  This logger is very popular with European RTTY
> contesters.  That said, I think Win-Test is a stronger contest logger than
> either MixW and SD.  For the RTTY mode, Win-Test uses the free-ware MMTTY
> program which is fully integrated for seamless operation.
>
> My advice is to use the software you are most familiar and comfortable
> with.
> If I understand your situation, you could use MixW with no new learning.
> If
> you use Win-Test, you will have to learn the RTTY features (based on
> MMTTY),
> but you are otherwise familiar with Win-Test and it is a more powerful
> contest logger.  You can decide on that basis, but either MixW or
> Win-Test/MMTTY will work fine for you in contests.
>
> Ed - W0YK

I'm glad finally some one mentioned MixW. Created over 10 years ago by UT2UZ
this program had enormous impact on the growth of the RTTY Contesting,
especially in Europe. Yes, it's not free, but it is not only a Contest
logger after all, and not only for RTTY...
I was at the Contest dinner in Dayton and was listenening to AA5AU's speech
after his induction to the Hall Of Fame and unfortunately he never mentioned
this program either, like it does not exist... :-(

Yuri  VE3DZ