Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions

To: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions
From: Luc PY8AZT <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:47:03 -0300
2010/6/9 Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>

> Jose, I too like IARU, but I think the HQ competition routine is becoming,
> frankly, stupid.  Dozens of HQ stations spread across the band, acting as CQ
> monsters for a full 24 hours.  I also think the vast number of hams that
>
> I would propose to terminate the notion of HQ competition as it currently
> stands.  Replace it with a HQ competition that is limited to a M/M with no
> more than 6 transmitters transmitting at one time (i.e., no 12 HQ stations
> on at once from DA0HQ or TM0HQ), require that M/M be located within one
> station or no more than 10 or 20 miles distant. Or, throw out the notion of
> M/M and limit HQ stations to M/2.

Richard,

You are right. Since HQ proliferation, IARU Contest isn't fun for all.
Instead expand overall contest participation, it concentrated all attentions
(and Ops) on HQ station.

I do support eradication HQ stations from IARU Contest and this is a strong
opportunity to ARRL reviews and change IARU Contest rules.

--
73, Luc
__