Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:13:19 -0600
Jim,
What you are missing is the fact that Cluster spots have increased your
QSO rate very significantly, compared with the pre-Cluster days.
Increased dupes, unfortunately, come along for the ride.  Perhaps you
had 350 dupes out of 5K QSOs, but go back 25-30 years and see how many
total QSOs you had compared with a recent contest.

Technology marches on, whether you like it or not.  Would you prefer to

Barry W2UP

S56A wrote:
> N6TJ wrote:  It's late, and now every time I read the word DUPE, it's
> increasingly looking like I wrote DOPE.
>
> Leave "DUPE"!  It makes us Slavs laugh as it means "ASS" in our languages
> :-)
>
> "DOPE" could be better associated with schizofrenic SO2R and 48 hours awake
> madness.  Just survived 24 hours of two independent audio streams as WRTC
> refree.
>
> I am glad our hobby has K1JT, K1TTT and other tech gurus!  CQ WW made right
> step with advanced EXTREME category.  We kept our heads in sand about DX
> Cluster for 25 years and now comes surprise about some bad side effects.  I
> enjoy spotting and sharing rare DX .  In the best tradition of WRTC Olympian
> spirit.
>
> 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, MSc EE retired
>
> P.S.  I am programming again after almost 20 years.  It is entirely
> different environment now and I can hardly cope.  But I know the change is
> for better as I enjoy freedom of information over internet as never before!
> Long live CW :-(

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Lakewood, CO