Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:51:18 +0000
I live in a propagation craphole....the opportunities to run are short and
limited. I might get spotted 5 or 6 times in a whole DX contest and at least 2
or 3 of those spots are going to be wrong. Now that precious chance I get to
run people is being destroyed by an endless line of dupes. I've tried, at 10
WPM, to expain that the packet spot was wrong and what my call is. IT DOESN'T
MATTER. They AREN'T listening, they're just calling. Meanwhile there are
callers under there that would be good QSO's, maybe even multipliers, that I
can't hear them because of a bad packet spot. The only effective strategy is to
move and start over. When you live here, that's not a great idea but it's all
you can do.

Unless somebody who "knows how to deal with it" can offer a better
suggestion....

73 Steve K0SR