Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"

To: <n4zr@contesting.com>, "'S56A'" <s56a@bit.si>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"
From: "Christian Schneider" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:51:53 +0200
Hi Pete,
such is the flavour of THIS contest and other contests are different
(luckily not each is the same). The operation habit you don´t like simply
follows the necessary strategy as you can see from the EU-scores. I´m quite
sure you wouldn´t operate otherwise when being in Europe. As a S&P-station
you won´t wait for ten qsos of the running station to calculate whether his
rate may now be "too high" to ask him for QTC - or even "wait"... A regular
QRU or ltr is the prize for a comparatively high rate as DX-station in this
contest. There are also DX-stations giving away QTCs in the middle of a run
as they want to maximize their score and keep the staple of unsent qsos low.
I can´t hear from the signal whether he wants rate only or a high score. So
I don´t see much cure. QTCs are a unique feature of one single contest - so
it is no grind for the whole season.
Btw: Copying QTCs live and unplugged belongs to the biggest fun moments one
can have in contesting (even if some DX-stations may not enjoy their speed
as receiving station ;-)
So thanks to all adding to this fun!
Best 73, Chris (DL8MBS)