Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:52:21 -0400
John, I agree that QTCs are an inherent part of this contest.  They
were, as someone said, more fun when we did it all by hand, but it's a
lot less tiring for us non-Europeans to let the machine do it.

What I was trying to question is the practice of jumping on any pileup
you hear and shouting "QTC?", or interrupting a run by a non-Eu station,
after a QSO, with a QTC request.  To the extent that I and others won't
respond, or respond with "no" or "nil", it is hard to see that it
confers any advantage.

Yes, indeed, this is a European, or really a German-run contest, and we
either play by their rules or don't play.  That's fine - reminds me of
the ARRL DX Contest with lots of extra bells and whistles.  I was just
suggesting one respect in which a little thought about operating
practices would result in a lot less aggravation for the people the
Europeans need to work, without materially affecting their results (IMO,
of course).

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,