Re: [CQ-Contest] The Meaning of Assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Meaning of Assisted
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:18:03 -0500
  My thoughts on Assisted,

Any assistance that came to you  by the help of someone else helping.

Spotting of any kind, is help provided to you by someone else.  you had
that person show you where that contact is.  you got assistance from it.

anything that happens inside your own shack done by YOU and you alone is
not assisted.

Skimmer,  while it tells you who it is and where on the band,  yeah,
but how much different really is it from a band pass scope that shows
you the activity on the bands?  it' all a part of the electronics
part.   like better filtering. on the rig,  thats equipment,

Now, the reverse beacon network is a strange other,  there is no person
assisting,  but I still call it  as assisting because, it is also
external to your ststion,  any input that is external to your station is
assisted.

Just my thoughts

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock