Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update
From: "KB1H" <kb1h@ct.metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:00:13 -0500
It seems we are visiting an old issue.

All this sounds like the early packetcluster threads. In the early days we
use to close the YCCC network to outside competing clubs but then realized
it had no big deal advantage. Seeing as we are keeping the assisted category
the same but eliminating the "remote" skimmers how can the cluster network
be OK to use?

Personally I don't want spots from skimmers all over the world and don't
want to take all the time to create filters.

I hope the Contest committee rethinks all this.

Dick - KB1H
Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

24/7 Webcam Link on the website

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300