Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN and CQWW was: Re: CQ WW Update

To: n3rd@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN and CQWW was: Re: CQ WW Update
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:54:27 -0500
Dave, I just want you and everyone else to know that the RBN will be up
well before the contest starts, and we think it will be much better than
ever before.

We have just added a dedicated server (thanks K5TR) in addition to the
one at K4TD, which we think had problems with the spot and user volume
because it wasn't dedicated.  Dave, KM3T has been pitching in this
morning to help us with scaling problems, and I expect to have much more
news soon. F5VIH/5B4 and PY1NB are working their tails off!

The reason the reversebeacon.net aliases are down is that the  DNS
forwarding is one of the pieces being worked on.  Right now, you can get
the full RBN feed from n4zr.dyndns.org, port 7000, which I am
babysitting right now.

All the filters will be up and working on all nodes by contest start.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,