Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer
From: ww3s@zoominternet.net
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:51:32 -0500

 I interpet it to mean if I have a second receiver or SDR at my QTH
(not connected to any other similar device at another location), and
that my own SDR or second receiver is generating "spots" via skimmer,
or whatever other similar software names there are, it's perfectally
acceptable me to use those "spots" as they are totally generated with
my equipment at my QTH......
 On Thu 12/23/10 12:27 PM , George Fremin III geoiii@kkn.net sent:
  On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:38:34AM -0500,  wrote:
 > I would like to take this opportunity to make a few comments on
this
 > subject on behalf of NCJ.
 >
 > When multi-channel band decoders for CW started to show up several
years
 > obvious that the allowing the use of multi-channel band decoders
made no
 > sense because of the QSY rule. It really came down to being an
issue for
 > the CW NAQP. We decided to allow it in the Single Operator Class
as long as
 > there was no connection via the internet or any other outside
source. In
 > 2009, the NAQP rule was changed to state:
 >
 > "Technological methods of copying the information in the contest
exchange
 > are permitted as long as they are entirely contained within the
station."
 I am still confused.
 K1TTT keeps saying that the NAQP only allows the use of narrow band
code readers.
 The aobve post from the NCJ seems to say you are allowing
 multi-channel band decoders (such as the CW Skimmer) that decodes
all
 the CW signals it hears all the time.
 Please explain.
 --