Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer

To: Aldewey@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:17:14 -0600
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 01:36:24PM -0500, Aldewey@aol.com wrote:
> The intent of the current rule is that multi-channel band decoders,
> such as CW Skimmer, are allowed as long as they do NOT connect to
> any external source.

I believe that this is a very unfortunate rule change, mainly for
the reasons that N2NL already laid out. The NAQP is now also a WRTC
2014 qualifying event. Single operators now have to compete against
those using wide-band decoders? That just does not seem right. I am
sad to see this rule change happen to one of my favorite contests.

73, Kirk K4RO