Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl correction factor

To: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl correction factor
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:05:37 -0300
Howdy Tom.
An algorithm to level distance and path conditions certainly has nothing to
do with the effort each individual spends in building his/her own station or
the qualities/skills of the operators involved in a contest effort.

PRECISELY: those two items you mention are the ones that would become
relevant in achieving the best possible results based on human skills and
not only based on entering a competition from favored DX Spot where a few
wires will be enough to beat stations with big amounts of engineering and
thousand of man hours spent to build them.

The "just a boy and his radio" ops will be equally favored by a fairer
scoring system, even if the don't want to be favored. For many it is not a
matter of personal likes or dislikes, it is just a matter of facts.

I'm 38 and I been entering contests since I was 14. I haven never complained
and I am not complaining now either. I simply realize that the ARRL has
taken the lead in a topic which discussion will be beneficial for
contesting.

I certainly do not adhere to the statement: "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it"... that is not how evolution works. It certainly would be nice to see
more of "if it ain't broke...can we perfect it?".

Vy 73

Martin Lu5dx