Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW

To: rantalaane@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:04:46 -0400 (EDT)
I can't speak for why the Contest Committee did it, but I see one very good
 reason to have done so:

There is only so much spectrum available for us. In contests it is  much
less than we would like to have. This will especially be true as solar
activity declines (a very likely long term trend), and is more of  a problem on
SSB.

For a multi to tie up more than one available frequency on a band and
thereby deny another station a usable run frequency is wrong. Even for the
smallest guys, one less station CQing is one less station they can work.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean that it should be  done.

73   -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 8/18/2011 8:30:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,