Re: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Thursday

To: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Thursday
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 04:44:38 -0700
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 09:35:25PM -0700, Bill Haddon wrote:

> Starting this week we are also encouraging participants to post their
> Cabrillo log in the 3830 comment section so as to allow for some accuracy
> checking for those who wish.  Not mandatory, however..

What?

Why?

If you want to check logs than please setup an address to receive
logs at - do not include them in your 3830 posting.  I am sure you
could figure out a better way for people to check their work.

There are many reasons why this is a bad idea.

- It takes up more storage space (this is a small reason)

- It makes it much harder to search the 3830 list in the future
  since now if I search for a callsign I will not just get their posts
  I will get all the logs they show up in - it will make searching almost
  usless over time.  (big reason)

And I am sure once I wake up fully I can voice a few more reasons
why I do not like the logs posted into the 3830 postings.

So, speaking as one of the admins for contesting.com - please do not
post your logs as part of your 3830 postings.

Thank you.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net