[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Thursday

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Thursday
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:49:38 -0700
Thursday night is week 9 of the 10 week ladder.

Thursday Night 7:30 to 8:00 PM PDST (0230Z-0300Z Friday)
5 Bands 15m - 160m. Last chance for 15m as we head into Fall darkness.

Full announcement for this Ladder series at:
http://bit.ly/pO34Q9

Many are now using a different name in NCCC Sprints - keeps things
interesting and is good practice  .  there were some unusual names floating
around the NAS CW this weekend, and also amusing to hear one station late on
40m calling CQ NS.

On the nccc-blue reflector*, we've been discussing the excellent pileup
practice that one obtains in the NS because of the high rate and relaxed qsy
rules [1,1 in NS vs. 1,5 in NAS].  With repeated practice, your skills in
pulling stations out and identifying new mults may improve.  For me this has
been one of the benefits of the weekly NCCC Sprint sessions.

and don't forget, K6UFO our highly successful QRP NS entrant raises that
important point, perhaps debatable, "A good warmup for Sprint SSB on
Saturday?"

73 bill n6zfo
contest director, NCCC Sprint Ladder

* Anyone with an interest in the NCCC Sprint is welcome to join nccc-blue  .
. low volume reflector specifically for NCCC Sprint fanatics.   email
n6zfo@arrl.net for info.