Re: [CQ-Contest] 100 Watt power limit for Sprints-Discuss

To: "'Jeffrey Clarke'" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 100 Watt power limit for Sprints-Discuss
From: "Dennis McAlpine" <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:50:19 -0400
I agree with Jeff.  Living in a gated community, it is impossible for me to
put up a tower or beams and with the tallest trees in my yard being only 40'
high, I will never have a signal big enough to compete with those with large
gain antennas.  Running 600-700 watts to a doublet antenna gives me a bit of
a chance to be heard that I would not if I only started with 100 watts.
Leave the rules as they are for Sprints and think about adding a HP category
for NAQP.
73,
Dennis, K2SX