Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:56:27 -0600
 From what I understand the 590 operates in a similar fashion to the
K3.  Buy a K3 if you can afford it.  If not the 590 seems to be a good
rig.  The question is will it allow you to hear or work stations that
you otherwise could not?   Is the filtering better to remove qrm/qrn
etc.  I don't believe there are any filter options for the 590 which I
think was a mistake.  My K3 run rig has 200, 400, 1000 1.8 and 2.8
filters.  The 2nd receiver has a 2.8 and 400.  My 2nd radio K3 has just
the 2.7 and 400hz filters.

J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011 CQ WW DX CW
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net