Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question
From: Steef <steefpa3s@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:35:43 +0200
This weekend I used my TS590 for the CQWWRTTY.

Not for the win, but for some fun and helping other members of CG1884.

But;

Next time I will be using my FT1000MP again.

I do not like the way the radio response to the “EXTREEM” loud signals from
east European stations.  The screen went completely black or had some kind
of flickering.

I cot the impression the receiver DSP was overloaded.

Still like the non DSP radio’s the best in SSB and RTTY.

73

Steven

http://www.contestgroup.nl/