Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange
From: "John T. Laney III" <k4bai@att.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:23:33 -0500
In SS, a station running (keeping the frequency for now) misses a golden
opportunity to advertise when he leaves the call out of the exchange.
It seems a no brainer to me. Send the call in the order suggested, just
like a radiogram.

For some reason, a dozen or so that I worked in SS sent the precedence
after the callsign. For example #1 K4BAI B 54 GA instead of #1 B K4BAI
54 GA.  That didn't slow me down, but it did interrupt the flow of the
contest.  These seemed to be computer generated and I wonder if some
logging program has a glitch that encouraged the exchange to be set up
that way.  The operators either weren't listening to what their computer
was sending or they don't know the code.  73, John, K4BAI.