Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 09:22:57 -0700
There is nothing in a radio contest exchange that is really important.
SS has a long history and it is great that it continues.  Some people
like to run at 300 an hour and SS is one of those contest where that
probably is not going to happen.  That is why there is CQ WW and other
contests with short exchanges.

Kids day contest asks their favorite color.  So we should get rid of
that because it is not important?

Why do we send the report in CQ WW?  It is known.  I can't remember the
last time I got something other than a 599 and I doubt that CQ even
check the RST.  If you could only be in one zone maybe you should just
send  e for your report?

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011