Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange - New rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange - New rules
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:58:16 -0600
Okay, here's my stab at changing the wording for the CHECK.

"A two digit number is REQUIRED to be sent as a CHECK. It may be any two
digit number you desire. The number must be used for every single QSO in
your log. It may not change at any time during the contest. It must be
send at a consistent speed. If you change your mind about the number you
selected, that is not allowed. Our lawyers will see to that.

Here are a few ideas if you are having trouble selecting a valid two
digit CHECK:

The old standard, the first year you were licensed. This may be your
amateur radio license, a commercial radio license, your drivers license,
a pilots license, fishing, hunting, or even one of your several marriage
licenses.

Here's a few alternative selection ideas; you may consider any digits on
your cellphone, or adding the ages of your children, dividing the total
by 7, and rounding to the nearest whole number. Or you might weigh your
cat, dog, or spouse and use the one's and ten's units thereof.

We do realize all of those methods of CHECK selection are quite
predictable. Your CHECK will most likely make its way into next season's
SCP database. So let it be know that it is within the spirit of the
rules to be unpredictable from year to year.

Thus, you may consider using a more random approach. For example, the
last two digits on the license plate of that green Chevy in the Walmart
parking lot. Or our personal favorite, the predicted number of liters of
beer you will consume in the hospitality suite at next year's Dayton
Hamvention.

And here are some final clarifications; this must be a Base 10 number
and imaginary numbers are not allowed. A palindromic number is acceptable."

I think that should about cover it!

</humor>

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN