Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:38:51 -0800
Hi George

If they didn't send their call in the exchange, I just deleted the Q as it
was invalid.

I don't know what else to do because when running, you send their call, then
your exchange.  It would be redundant to send 'Call?' if you have already
sent it.

Maybe there needs to be a Q signal for 'You sent your exchange wrong.'  73
Tom W7WHY

I am throwing this out there for comment.

In SS, I worked a number of ops who did not send their callsign  as part of
the exchange.  I found this to be very frustrating  for several reasons,
namely (1) sending the callsign as part of the  "required exchange" is
specified in the SS rules, (2) it breaks  the rhythm when copying the
exchange, and
finally (3) it gives the op an  advantage by not taking time to send his
callsign.

Question: Should there be a penalty for not sending the callsign as part of
 the required exchange?

73, George, K5KG