Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange

To: "'Paul O'Kane'" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 07:59:28 -0600
EI5DI said:To which, the only sensible response is "Why?".

The sensible answer is: because it is required!

I know that the ARRL will not change the SS exchange simply because you feel
it's redundant to send the callsign. Thanks goodness for that!

Let's face it, if we were to have an evaluation of the worthiness of the
exchange of all of this data from a purely objective viewpoint, we'd never
have a contest - any contest. From an objective viewpoint, the whole thing
is pointless - isn't it?

But, this is not a business, we're not looking for ways to minimize what is
sent - we're looking to compete in the contest by following the rules.

If you don't like the rules, don't participate. Those of you who can't
participate really should spend your time on other equally unimportant
things.

W5OV