Re: [CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:18:22 -0500
I have been lucky enough to be on the other side in a DX
situation and the calling can be constant. As observed here
it doesn't matter what I might send many stations just
keep sending. For some stations I might be weak and they
may be lucky to figure out that I called them. They might be
depending on friends to tell them "he called you, send 599
now" (don't laugh, it's sad, but I have heard that kind of thing
more than once). Anything else (up, SA, Asia, EU, etc) is
considered a waste of time even if they understood it.
Many very strong signals also call constantly just not
as long as they are more easily heard and worked.

73, Larry  W6NWS