Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:30:51 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I go out and buy the cheapest on-the-ear headphones I can find, usually for
 about $10, and use them until they fall apart.  Currently I have an old
pair of Sony (MDR-026) headphones.  The foam pads have long since worn out
and I threw them away.  The phones are still comfortable and so light I
hardly realize I have them on.  Although probably meant for music, they are
actually low fidelity which suits ham radio use just fine.  I don't need to
hear high end hiss.

I operate almost all CW and RTTY and do not need headphones with a boom
mic.  In contests I'm a lonely single op in a quiet household, so ambient
noise is never a problem.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 12/2/2011 6:01:26 P.M. GMT Standard Time,