[CQ-Contest] Log Submission Time

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log Submission Time
From: jpescatore@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 06:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
I bet the CQ contests do *not* see a decrease in submitted logs, but if the
ARRL shortened the time similarly I bet the ARRL *would* see a decrease.

My reasonining is that CW prints the call and score in the magazine of
*everyone* who entered the contest and submitted a log. For the ARRL contests
(other than Field Day) QST prints only the top scores in each category - less
than 1% of the total entrants. I think for more casual entrants, seeing your
call in the magazine is a major incentive to send in that log.

Oddly enough, QST doesn't show the full results in their *digital* edition
either - which seems like a no brainer and a way to aim at the younger types
who aren't into reading old fashioned, tree killing print publications anyway.

John K3TN

W8JI says :> My bet is on an increase in non-submitted logs, not that those
logs matter