[CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:24:49 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
With this talk about new sections/multipliers, I think what NN3W may have
hinted at is:

Why is DC not a multiplier in the NAQP?

I asked this same question a few years ago and got exactly one answer that
implied that adding DC might render all NAQP records meaningless, or something
to that effect.  That's a very weak argument in that having someone show up
from DC would have no more effect on any record than having someone show up
from Greenland or any Caribbean or Central American country.  (Yet we'd all be
saying "Great to see some DX activity!"}

So I'll toss it out there again:

 - Why not add DC as a mult in NAQP?
 - What would be a valid reason not to?

Perhaps one of the NAQP managers might chime in.

73, Mike K9NW