Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:34:41 -0700
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 08:59:28PM -0400, Jeffrey Embry wrote:

> If this is indeed the case, then perhaps Virginia, Massachusetts, Kentucky,
> and Pennsylvania, while politically different are technically Commonwealths
> and not States.

Whatever.

I think they are states.

Let me see

US States have two senators each in the congress:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm/

Choose a State...... Those states are all listed.

> While I will admit that DC is not a state,

Ok - it is not a state.  That is the reason it is not a mult
in the NAQP - and that was K9NW's question.

> but Constitutionally a 'Federal
> City' is is a separate political entity.  Personally, I can see no reason
> why DC should not be its own mult.  But, one wants to play semantics with
> words and definitions, then remove the Commonwealths as multipliers.

I am not playing word games - as you said DC is not a state.

By the current rules when DC becomes a US State it will become a mult
in the NAQP.  I would start working on statehood.

But if the real question is something like:

"Why can't DC be made a mult for the NAQP?"

Then your arrguement that it is a "separate political entity" would be
a good place to start as to why it should be a mult.

My question to everyone that wants to make DC a mult in any contest is:

Why do you want DC to be a mult?

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net