Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News - hopefullyofgeneralinteres

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News - hopefullyofgeneralinterest
From: "Robert Brandon" <rb@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:00:59 -0500
On my trip to ZF1A for CQWW in 2010, these "spot on" times were no fun.  I
*really* wished packet/RBN users would use some XIT -- just a smidge.
Everyone needs to stay in the "pileup range", although the bigger the pile,
the wider it's bound to get.

I never resorted to working split.  I can forgive the rare mult who gets on
for the last couple hours and operates well up the band.  But if even a
handful of stations ran split in a contest, it would be chaos.

Robert K5PI