Re: [CQ-Contest] [wrtc2014] WRTC Category Weighting Factor

To: "wrtc2014@lists.wrtc2014.org" <wrtc2014@lists.wrtc2014.org>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [wrtc2014] WRTC Category Weighting Factor
From: Hrvoje Horvat <hrle9a6xx@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:16:40 -0700 (PDT)
10% difference between HP and LP doesnt seem a lot - considering competition,
complexity, skills and other factors that make HP category harder.

But the overall WRTC competition is so big that you can find areas with only 7%
difference between place #1 and place #10 fighting to get those few team leader
positions.

You dont see a lot of people qualifying from one single station or one
category. There's lot more to it as there is only 56 places, LOT of great
operators and LOT of contests.

IMHO, untill now this has been most advanced set of criteria and the best one -
it doesnt mean it will not improve untill next qualifying round.

I hope US organizers will continue doing great job!

73,
Hrle - 9A6XX