Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:30:32 -0500
> On CW, contesting 3.0 (Skimmer+RBN), the game is over for that tactic
> if he uses normal computer generated CW.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
 So...don't do that!"

So don't use normal computer generated CW!  There are a number of things
that prevent the Skimmer/RBN from spotting you - not sending "CQ", sending
"TEST" at high speed, any number of simple tactics to minimize being picked
up by an automated decoder.  Send something it can't decode - like
dahdidahdahdahdaaahhhdidah.

Dither your transmitting frequency, as well - move it back and forth a
couple hundred hertz with each QSO.  Not so much that the pileup moves with
you but enough to spread out your spot signature.  Program it into a macro
key or something.

Think "countermeasures" - anything to limit the queue and maximize net rate.
Technology is not going to go away and participation is getting bigger and
bigger - this is the right kind of problem to have!  So use your 20-watt,
glucose-powered machine and figure it out.

73, Ward N0AX