Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes
From: Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:31:57 +0300
Please note that the rules DO NOT REQUIRE anyone sending any callsigns.
Rules do not differentiate in any way between RUN and S&P station as to how
a QSO should be handled and which jargon or procedure should be used.

The only thing the rules say is: "the call sign sent by an entrant during a
completed exchange, must be logged as sent by the entrant."

That means if you send a callsign then you have to log it as sent. It does
not matter if you are RUN or S&P.

RUN station is totally allowed to not say the call if it is not needed. For
example I can answer a friend by his name or I can come back to "who was the
YL station (meaning female), you are 59 15" and just end the QSO with Thank
You or 88.

There are many other scenarios where the RUN station is not giving the call
or full call. Please don't interpret the Rules in the way what is not
written there.

But coming back to an earlier letter by VE3DZ where he was joking that
sending DL76A on hand key instead of DL7BA and not correcting it means he
has to log DL76A, then yes. It is true. If he is not correcting it
immidiately in the QSO and logs DL7BA then he is looking at possible Yellow
Card.

73
Tonno
ES5TV