Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes

To: "Jukka Klemola" <jpklemola@gmail.com>, "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes
From: "Ivo Pezer E73A/9A3A" <ivo.pezer@alice.it>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:01:54 +0100
Hi Jukka

I think Mario was referring to something else: most contest QSOs actually do not include full exchange (STN 1 de STN 2, RST....). In case when STN 2 is responding to STN 1 who is running pile up, you usually only get STN 2 callsingn. If he/she for whatever reason did not get STN 1 call correct, this is in most cases unknown to STN 2, who rarely sends you your own callsign, yet you get penalized for his error.

Being one of those who increases the speed as the pile up grows, I share Mario's concerns. If I ID every time, whoever is not sure of my call can either ask me to repeat it or listen to the next QSO(s) and validate if he copied it correctly.

73 Ivo I7/9A3A, 4U1GSC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jukka Klemola" <jpklemola@gmail.com>