Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

To: <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:20:39 -0500
MY  .02

   Living in the umbrella of the FRC.  With first a two meter call out system,
then the Packet Cluster, now the avalanche of information fed to you, as an
operator you have decisions to make.

S02R's are always scouring the other bands for contacts ( some can on the same
band) and when a  you run across a juicy  Mulp, With a Big pile up  or unruly
pile up, your not getting through in one or two calls dose not always happen.

As a operator you have a decision to make. spend the time to work the guy,
chancing the fact you my loose your run frequency or  pay focused on you run
freq. and switch you listening frequency  now and again to the Mulp

 Then how long is  LONG enough  two  "  Ditty  Dum Dum Ditty's  two  QRL's ?  I
have stacks on all bands 4 sq's on low band and listening arrays and after  two
or three ? ? ?...  or three QRL's is this frequency in use .  This is a open

FREQUENCY IMHO ,   and Yes.. when  I chase  or am  focused on  a Mulp  and away
from my run Frequency ( single radio dual VFO )   and when I switched back to
my  A VFO  audio   wow   K5$% was now calling CQ..... My bad I move

 I  lost my  RUN frequency.    but when I am set up for SO2R and  have  AB
split in RE/LE  I'll defend my run Frequency when I hear a  ditty dum dum ditty
  and if I don't that's  my fault.

  Wayne W3EA