Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

To: "'Yuri'" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:18:57 -0600
You can't be serious?  If I am looking for a spot to call CQ and I come
along and find a 'quite' frequency, I listen for 5-10 seconds, then send ?
or QRL, and no one responds, then it is my frequency for as long as I can
hold it.  If you were on that frequency earlier and decided to 'abandon' it
(SO2R, food break, toilet break, etc.), I may have no idea that you were
there in the first place.  So how can that be your frequency?  No frequency
is mine, mine unless you can hold it.
But ethically speaking, if I go through the process I just described, and
you don't respond, then you have given up that frequency.

Doug

"Think of all the ways you can hurt yourself laughing."