Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

To: Bob Naumann <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:51:56 -0600
I have to side with Bob on this one.

If the potential to cheat is that great, are we going to remove every rule?

Can't enforce QRO: so do we eliminate LP, QRP?

Can't enforce MO: so do we eliminate all single-op categories?

Can't enforce the 500-foot rule: so do we eliminate that, too?

The only way to guarantee no cheating on unenforceable rules is to eliminate
all unenforceable rules. So everybody would have to operate high power, have
assistance available, have ops to switch out when tired and use as much real
estate as possible to have a chance.

No, thanks.

If some piece of scum can't cheat on assistance, he'll just find some other way
to cheat. Read the fable about the fox and the scorpion. The cheaters are the
scorpion.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone