[CQ-Contest] Assisted / Non Assisted

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Assisted / Non Assisted
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:46:54 -0500
Here are my thoughts...

1)  Make one unlimited single operator category. Someone in that category can
use all the technology that’s available such as packet spots, skimmer, SO2R
etc...   I think that would probably eliminate all the cheating except for
someone running high power or claiming single operator when they have a relief
operator. Those two things are hard to catch.

2) Keep a traditional single operator category. None of the technology I
mentioned above is allowed. Just one radio and one operator. That would put
more strategy back in the single-op category to decide which band to be on to
maximize your score. I also think a category like this might be helpful to draw
people into contesting. Plus those who have left contesting because they don’t
have the resources to be competitive might become interested again. Have maybe
a 5 minute rule for band changes. That way you can catch people that are trying
to cheat.

Jeff KU8E