Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:26:08 -0500
Randy asked - What if we have 5000 - 8000 logs?

Well, if we are going to cross check and validate 8 Million random QSO
datapoints comfortably, then I fail to see how having 9 categories instead
of 6 is going cause heartburn.  Especially since the categories are declared
on the log header when received.

If the question is how to adjudicate the logs as being compliant to the
category, even a few 100 logs can be difficult to do so with certainty.  But
neither can power or multi op be validated nor 500m circle etc.

I think the answer is to accept that no judging is flawless, its only
diligent and as best as it can be provided under the circumstances.  Is
there one of us that has not shaken our head at a bad call made by a referee
at a sporting event (even with close up, slow mo, and instant replay)?  But
we don't water down the sport just because perfection is not attainable.

Ed  N1UR

It should be easy - MM, M2, MS, SOHP, SOHP(A), SOLP, SOLP(A), QRP, QRP(A)  -
What the heck is so hard about that?  Anyone?

Ed  N1UR