Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted
From: Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 02:29:46 +0200
:))

After having a good laugh about Randy's so very proper answer and after
reading the comments after my posting and after drinking 4 bottles of very
good Georgian wine (saperavi) with a friend in a car an a business trip
continuation from 4L to EK this night i would like to add following
comments:

1. SO(A) vs SO scores comparison is total waste of time. OF COURCE SO(A) can
ceteris paribus achieve higher scores EASILY by having 20+% higher
multiplier count. Anyone telling different does not know what he is talking
about. Please cut the crap. And of course assistance (according to the
rules) works one-way - you either use it or not.

2. I respect Steve's (N2IC) comments a lot. At the same time it is all about
the preferences. My vote of combining the categories is purely my opinion
and a rather selfish one as you see. I think the contest organizers have to
make a decision seeing how they can please a greater number of people while
being able to do provide a proper service.

3. As pointed out, albeit it being possible to detect RBN/packet cheaters,
it takes a lot of time and I realized the amount of time I have put into
this in the last ca 3-4 years does not justify the sacrifices I have made
regarding my family and professional work. As Steve pointed out - I decided
to quit CQWW CC after seeing that the work I do is often neglected and
ignored. I can only wish strength to Randy to reform the rotten CQWW
management system but it does not mean that I wish to jump back into this
and thus I wish (selfishly) that the SO and SO(A) categories would be
combined.

I don't critize anyone for having a different opinion and fighting for SO
categories. It is all about the public opinion but don't let yourself be
fooled of the current statistics where many casual ops enter defult SO
category inspite using cluster.

73
Tonno
ES5TV