Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:51:36 -0800
On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 01:32:13PM -0600, Joe wrote:
> I am truly amazed at this whole thread.

Me too.

> But i guess if you are running 120 a hour, one a minute is boring.

Contests have slow times and fast times. Generally I think SS scores
are as high or higher than they were 30 years ago.

The contest is still fun.

Yeah - you don't run 100 hours for 24 hours but does that matter?

I find it all a challenge. If anything it is the slow hours of any
contest than can really test your skill and station.

I have done serious efforts in VHF contests where I am lucky to make
400 contacts - and those contests are longer than SS.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net