Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer accuracy...

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer accuracy...
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 00:31:51 -0500
I wonder if there's a way to do that now, with the information already
being provided.

You have multiple skimmers reporting one or two callsigns at a given
frequency in a short period of time.  Each skimmer provides information
about s/n and speed.

Rather than have the skimmers opine on the confidence of their information,
have the loggers/spot collection software parse that data to elect from
incoming skimmer spots at a given frequency, within a certain period of
time.   Use some function based on s/n ratios reported and code speed to
weight the incoming spots.  Best score wins.

Granted, a unique filter is probably sufficient to block the bad
spots....but it sounds like a fun bit of logic to attempt.

--
*Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@n1en.org