Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

To: Bob Naumann <W5OV@w5ov.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:54:53 -0300
Hi Bob.
If you are willing to do the analysis, I can provide you the mdb, or plain
text file with all the callsings spotted and counts for each of them.
I don't think anyone is supposed to defend the RBN. It's already being
defended by all those who use it.
It would be a whole lot better to see how it can be improved.
You are right when you say the same error doesn't get repeated over and
over with human generated spots.
I suggested a web service to get feedback from users and ban bad calls on a
per-contest basis. But no one replied. So dunno to what point the
developers want to perfect it.
Anyways. I can live with the current error rate. I listen with my ears all
the time, and I will log a station only if I know who other station is.
When I know I've been wrongly spotted, I simply don't log the callers. You
realize that, because dupes start calling you in a row. It is their job to
make sure who I am and I won't dupe them since I will get NILs if I do.

73.

Martin, LU5DX