Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:08:16 -0500 (EST)
George;

Interesting question.  I have noticed the same behavior recently - no
response at all to the request which I find a little surprising.

I have not reviewed all the responses in this thread so it is possible that
 the following reason was mentioned but I did not see it.  I think one
possible reason for not QSYing is because you may be already running on the
band  you are being asked to QSY to.  Although it is possible to abandon your
run  frequency to do that, there may be a reluctance to do so - particularly
if you  have a good run going on another frequency on that band.

I supposed you could respond back that you will QSY but proposed your run
frequency instead.  You would have to have an F-Key set up for this
situation.  Otherwise, it may just to complicated in the heat of  battle.

Still, I agree that such a request to QSY should at least be met with a
"SRI" rather than just dead silence.

73,

Al, K0AD

In a message dated 2/24/2013 9:44:11 A.M. Central Standard Time,