Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:28:14 -0600
I also don't understand the comments about rights, etc. I am what I would consider to be a conservative and one that would prefer that we get back to the US Constitution. I would agree with you that we have allowed the Gov't to erode many of our liberties and rights.....however we are talking about a radio contest. This is an event where you actively chose to participate. Every other competition takes place at an event where everyone or judges can watch exactly what is going on. This is just not possible except in the WRTC format, which cannot happen for all the contests we have.

The comments lead me more down the path of what are you hiding? I understand that a competitor may have stumbled across a certain opening to a certain part of the world that others might not have found or would expect but this does not seem to be the basis of your issue.

Transparency is best. The more open we are the better. There is nothing personal about Amateur radio communication that happen over airwaves that anyone can listen to.

W0MU

Mike W0MU