Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:29:50 -0700
Paul,

It most likely doesn't apply to a large percentage of Hams, but here locally I am a member of a large group of Hams who use digital microwave in the amateur bands for remote control of base stations. We use all the same 'terms' you specify. Historically, from the early 1970's, these circuits have been done on discrete UHF radio channels with analog voice and tone controls. Now we are digitizing them to a great advantage.

I personally do digital IP based amateur radio transmissions via my own amateur band microwave frequency radios for remote base operations. It doesn't bother me at all that the 'terms' applied to the radio frequencies, radio equipment, terminal equipment and the modulation techniques I utilize for my Ham operations originated in some other universe.

And I call it what it is;  AMATEUR RADIO!!!!!!!!!

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

73 de Milt, N5IA

-----Original Message----- From: Paul O'Kane