Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:28:25 -0500
Maybe a Wall Of Shame like they have for people buying and selling equipment. like this,

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/board,37.0.html

or this,

http://forums.qrz.com/forumdisplay.php?16-Ham-to-Ham-References

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 5/29/2013 11:07 PM, Mats Strandberg wrote:
This is a very important point.

I am myself not better than others. I was "jumped on" by a few Aligator big
guns, with signal strenghts of around 559-579 on 20 meters. I do not think
they intentionally wanted to steaa my frequency (20 meter CW, me using 800
W), but more a simple issue that the difference in power  between us made
them not hear my 800 W "QRP" signals...

I feel tempted to address this openly on the forum with call signs, because
this is a SYSTEM more than an unlucky coincidence.I now begin to understand
which stations run more and which run less than Full Legal Limit. Anyone
else noticed ths same phenomena?

But still I am gathering "courage" and as close to 100% statistical
evidence that my assumptions are correct.

The same intereting issue is that some stations seem to have extremely
"noicy" RX conditions - always. With such signal strenghts as described
above, I still always (no exceptions) need to repeat my call and serial
numbers many times, while this is not the case when calling weak US big
guns during poor conditions when signal strengths are 519-539.

In 95% of the cases, US and Canadian stations are still able to get both my
call and serial numbers just sent one.

Interesting difference between US and European (and other) big guns...

73 de RM2D (Mats)