Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:53:32 -0600
Will someone.. explain to me.. please? How it is that with a remote station..
the rf starts at your home station,
gets transferred to the remote station... via rf.. then retransmitted again..
as rf...Please explain how this is wrong?

  That is the simple explanation of a repeater operation.

Remote operation is the control.. and either cw keying, digital stream, or
voice.. is sent via a network, (landline or fiber or satellite) to the remote
tx.. then transmitted.. as rf... into the ether.. as a radio signal.
This is a remote station.

So.. the discussion is to limit sending voice and control data via network or
cables... to a remote transmitter for transmission as a rf signal. That has
been done for well over 50 years.... with remote base stations. Now the lines
get
a bit longer is all So.. we fussin over the length of line?.. the cost of
hooking it up?... the fact that someone figured out how to do it and save money
over exposure to who knows what .."over there"  .. bet they have to go there to
set it up.. or at least someone does.

Back to my original queston.. explain how is it that a remote station.. (remote
base)  is wrong? The government does it.. .. I know, I know.. bad example..
many many commercial interests do it every day.... your tv signal does it...
your music radio does it.. your background music does it.. and if you listen to
XMS or SeriusXM.. they do it. So how is that bad, again, please?

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy