Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: KU7Y <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:02:33 -0700
I did a contest awhile back as Assisted just to watch the spots on the RBN of my call.

This gave me a good idea of when/where I was being heard and a guess as to how loud I might be.

There were no signals heard here on 10m. I called CQ for about 5 minutes, saw that there were NO RBN reports and went back to 15m.

But most contests do make it clear, or at least somewhat clear, that using the RBN in anyway during the contest moves you into the (A) category.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club