Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:16:04 +0100

On 24/07/2013 13:20, Rick Kiessig wrote:

<snip>

Digital modes use decoders; there's really no rational principal upon which
to exclude them from CW (or phone, which may have them eventually as well).

Except that the only thing preventing CW becoming
"just another data mode" is the fact that it may be
decoded by people.

Once we permit decoders, any decoders, in CW contests,
we're treating CW as just another data/digital mode.

It's not, it's special - let's keep it that way and
prohibit decoders in Single-Op entries.

73,
Paul EI5DI